The citrus and spinach sauce adds a zesty dash of flavor to a delicate fish like cod. You’ll feel like you’re eating in the Caribbean with this delicious meal of Browned Cod With Citrus Spinach Sauce.
Makes: 4 Time: 25 minutes
Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package baby spinach, 5-ounce size
- 3 T water
- 1/2 C fresh parsley sprigs, lightly packed
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp orange juice
- 1 quartered clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper, crushed
- 1 1/4 pounds’ cod, divided into 4 portions
- 1 T grapeseed oil or canola oil
- 1/4 C sliced almonds, toasted
- Boil water in a pot over medium high heat. Cook spinach in water for 45 seconds until lightly wilted. Remove spinach with a fine sieve.
- In a blender, pulverize the wilted spinach and a small amount of the remaining water with the parsley, lemon juice, orange juice, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and crushed red pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Dash the cod with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook the cod in oil that’s been heated over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Turn cod once, cook until brown and cooked through about 5 to 7 minutes. Place on a plate and cover with a tent of foil to keep it warm.
- Add the reserved spinach sauce to the pan. Heat, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute until slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce onto a plate, top with fish and sprinkle with almonds.
Find more recipes like this one in my new Holistic Eating E-Course!
Recipe adapted from http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/seared_cod_spinach_lemon_sauce.html
*This page contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Discover 15 Simple Steps to Achieve Happiness Today & For Good
Free Report Reveals 9 Reasons We Struggle to Find Happiness
Instant tips to help you feel happy whenever you want to... starting now!