If you’ve ever had Terra Chips and love them, then this recipe will excite you since it’s really similar to those! When you make your own chips, you control how healthy they are, and this recipe is certainly one of the best.
- 3-4 large carrots, peeled
- 2 large parsnips, peeled
- olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- With a vegetable peeler, peel long strips of carrots and parsnips, dropping them into a bowl. Discard the cores.
- Fill a deep frying pan with about 1.5-2 inches of olive oil and heat to 375°.
- Add carrot and parsnip strips to the heated oil, keeping it at medium heat. Use a large slotted spoon to spread them out and press them down into the oil as needed. Leave in until they are lightly browned, which only takes about 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon them out with a slotted spoon, sprinkle them with salt, and let them cool on a paper towel.
- Repeat with the remaining carrots and parsnips.
Find more recipes like this one in my new Holistic Eating E-Course!
Recipe adapted from http://www.motherearthliving.com/food-and-recipes/recipes/carrot-chips-recipe-parsnip-ze0z1303zgar.
*This page contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Discover 15 Simple Steps to Achieve Happiness Today & For Good
Free Report Reveals 9 Reasons We Struggle to Find Happiness
Instant tips to help you feel happy whenever you want to... starting now!