This Shredded Salsa Chicken is a quick, easy dish to make! It combines the spicy flavors of salsa with a slow cooked chicken. It can be used for Mexican style dishes like tacos or quesadillas, chili, soups, sandwiches or on pizzas.
Servings: 2 Time: 4-8 hours depending on slow cooker settings
Time: 4-8 hours depending on slow cooker settings
- 1 lb. (about 2) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, all natural
- Topping Ideas: Tomatoes, shredded lettuce, shredded Mexican cheese, sour cream, scallions, cilantro.
- Place the whole chicken breasts in the slow cooker. Cover with salsa. Toss to coat chicken with salsa.
- Cover slow cooker with lid. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- You’ll know it’s done when the chicken is easily shredded with a fork.
- Shred chicken. Put back in the slow cooker and toss with remaining salsa and juices left in the slow cooker.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Find more recipes like this one in my new Holistic Eating E-Course!
Recipe adapted from http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/2-ingredient-slow-cooker-salsa-chicken-recipe/
*This page contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Discover 15 Simple Steps to Achieve Happiness Today & For Good
Free Report Reveals 9 Reasons We Struggle to Find Happiness
Instant tips to help you feel happy whenever you want to... starting now!