I love this steel cut oats recipe because it keeps me full for hours and is such a delicious start to the morning. It contains lots of hidden protein and healthy fat. I like to make up a big batch so I can reheat it for several days after.
Time: 15 minutes
- 6 cups – filtered water
- 2 cup – steel cut oats
- 4 tsps – extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp – ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp – maple syrup (the real kind! – this can be expensive, but Amazon has some good deals here)
- 2 tbsp – tahini (this can be hard to find in the store, not to mention expensive, so I get mine here on Amazon)
- Add oats to boiling water in a medium saucepan.
- Cover and simmer on low for 10-12 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Add olive oil, maple syrup, tahini, and cinnamon.
Find more recipes like this one in my new Holistic Eating E-Course!
*This page contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Discover 15 Simple Steps to Achieve Happiness Today & For Good
Free Report Reveals 9 Reasons We Struggle to Find Happiness
Instant tips to help you feel happy whenever you want to... starting now!