This savory red onion marmalade adds a sweet and tangy flavor to tender and juicy steak tenderloins. It’s so good it just might become your favorite meal!
Servings: 4 Time: 20 minutes
Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 large, sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 2 T raw honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 (4-ounce, 1-inch-thick) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- Turn on and preheat broiler.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Toss in onions, cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Remove lid and add the vinegar, honey, and 1/4 teaspoon saltto the pan. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 8 minutes or until slightly thick. Stir occasionally.
- Sprinkle the beef with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, thyme, and pepper.
- Broil beef on broiler pan that’s been sprayed with cooking spray. Broil about 4 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- Serve onion mixture with tenderloins.
Find more recipes like this one in my new Holistic Eating E-Course!
Recipe adapted from http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/tenderloin-steaks-with-red-onion-marmalade.
*This page contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here.
Discover 15 Simple Steps to Achieve Happiness Today & For Good
Free Report Reveals 9 Reasons We Struggle to Find Happiness
Instant tips to help you feel happy whenever you want to... starting now!